American Cancer Fund® – What we Fund
In addition to providing relevant and up-to-date cancer information and educational resources, the American Cancer Fund also provides Cancer research grants to organizations that work on cancer cures, treatment, detection, and research projects, and have shown the ability to effectively use the funds they receive. We have also provided a grant to the Patient Advocate Foundation for the outstanding support they have provided to our cancer patients.
Below are just some of the projects for which ACF has provided grant money:
- support for medical research in finding effective treatments and a cure for skin cancer;
- promising research into the early detection and successful treatment of lung cancer;
- research for fighting blood cancers, Leukemia and Lymphoma;
- professional case management services provided at no cost to individuals anywhere in the United States;
- research and treatment of pediatric catastrophic diseases; and
- innovative research to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer.