The Cancer Survival Tool Box
The Cancer Survival Toolbox is a free, self-learning audio program that has been developed by leading cancer organizations to help people develop important skills to better meet and understand the challenges of their illness. The program contains a information to navigate a diagnosis and special topics on key issues faced by people with cancer. On this site, you can read or listen to the Toolbox in English and Spanish, or download the files to read or listen later. Chinese transcripts are also available. You can order a free CD version of the program by filling out an online form or calling 877.NCCS.YES.
Living With Cancer
When considering treatment options, so many questions need to be answered. Finding the answers you need can be confusing and time consuming. Now that you have found our website, use our resources to empower and educate yourself. We are here to help you, every step of the way.
- Learn more about a diagnosis
- Understand Cancer treatment options
- Communicate more effectively with your doctor – Cancer Terms
- Know what to expect during treatment
- Dealing with the Insurance Company
- Clinical Trials
Get the facts about your cancer diagnosis
Try to obtain as much basic, useful information as possible about your cancer diagnosis. Consider bringing a family member or friend with you to your first few doctor appointments. Write down your questions and concerns beforehand and bring them with you. Consider asking:
- What kind of cancer do I have?
- Where is the cancer?
- Has it spread?
- Can my cancer be treated?
- What is the chance that my cancer can be cured?
- What other tests or procedures do I need?
- What are my treatment options?
- How will the treatment benefit me?
- What can I expect during treatment?
- What are the side effects of the treatment?
- When should I call the doctor?
- What can I do to prevent my cancer from recurring?
- How likely are my children or other family members to get cancer?